On this device, TalkTalk TV Store is currently still called 'blinkbox'. Use the blinkbox app, and when asked to login to your account, use your TalkTalk TV Store credentials.
Sorry to hear something’s going wrong with blinkbox Movies on your LG device. Here are some issues customers sometimes experience with these TVs, Blu-ray players and set top boxes - and how to resolve them. If you just want to find out about blinkbox Movies for LG, click here to get all the information you need about TVs, here for information about Blu-ray players or here for everything you need to know about set top boxes.
How do I complete a firmware update, and what is it?
Firmware updates are a really important way of making sure everything works perfectly with the blinkbox app on your TV. It’s just like updating the operating system on your phone or computer, and it’s really easy to do. You’ll need to download the software onto a USB memory stick, and then plug it into your TV, Blu-ray player or set top box.
To do this:
- Visit the LG website and locate your model
- Download the latest update file and save it to an empty USB stick
- Double-click the USB drive on your computer to open it. Right-click and choose "New" and "Folder." Type "LG_DTV" and press "Enter" to assign this name to the folder.
- Double-click the firmware file you downloaded to display the contents of the archive. Press "Ctrl-A" to select all the files. Press "Ctrl-C" to copy them. Double-click the LG_DTV folder to open it and press "Ctrl-V" to paste the files into the folder.
- Click the icon in the Windows status bar to "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media." Choose the USB stick and click "Eject." Remove the USB stick from the computer.
- Insert the USB stick into the USB port on your LG device. Select "Start" with the remote control if you get a "TV Software Upgrade" prompt. Wait for the upgrade to finish and for the TV to restart itself.
Some LG TVs might also download updates for you automatically. Just look for an option called ‘Automatic Updates’ in the settings menu.
Remember not to interrupt the TV whilst it’s loading the update from the USB drive. Wait for it to complete the upgrade and restart itself before you make any more choices on the TV or with the remote control.
How can I avoid buffering?
If your internet connection changes speed suddenly, this can create buffering – which is where your video stops and starts unexpectedly. If you’d like, you can lower the playback quality on your device using the quality switcher, which you’ll find within the player controls or on the movie page. By lowering the playback quality, you’re less likely to experience buffering. We’ve got some more information on broadband speeds and buffering here.
Why can't I redeem a gift card?
It’s really easy to redeem a gift card using your computer or any web browser, by visiting www.talktalktvstore.co.uk/redeem. Unfortunately, you can’t complete this process through the TV, Blu-ray player or set-top box app at the moment, but you will be able to spend your gift card credit on the TV, Blu-ray player or set-top box once you’ve redeemed the card on your computer.
Why can't I watch in HD?
HD is available on selected LG devices, specifically 2012, 2013 and 2014 Smart TVs as well as 2013 and 2014 Blu-ray players. If you don’t have the HD option on your TV, it’s probably because you need to update the blinkbox app or your firmware. We also won’t show you HD content if your connection is slow, to make sure you still have a great experience.
Unfortunately, we’ve no plans to bring this functionality to older models.