On this device, TalkTalk TV Store is currently still called 'blinkbox'. Use the blinkbox app, and when asked to login to your account, use your TalkTalk TV Store credentials.
This article is about downloading and using the blinkbox Movies app on Xbox One. If you’re having trouble using the Xbox One, please see our common issues article instead, or get in touch.
How do I get started?
- Sign up for an Xbox LIVE account if you don’t already have one. You no longer need an Xbox LIVE Gold subscription in order to use the blinkbox app, but might need to do a software update if you haven't already.
- Download the blinkbox Movies app from the Apps section of the store. You can search for it within the store, if you’d like.
- The app will automatically launch as soon as your console has finished downloading and installing it.
- Tap the until the Sign in button is in focus and select it to go to the login screen.
- Enter your username and password and select Sign in.
If you’re having trouble logging in, check you’re using the same username and password you use on your other devices. If you’re still having issues, get in touch.
How do I find and purchase movies and TV shows?
There are a few different ways to discover content on your Xbox One and purchase it.
- From the home screen of the app, tap the to focus on the search button and then press to go to the search page.
- You can also tap anywhere in the app to go straight to the search page.
- Use the keyboard to enter the movie or TV show you’re looking for, and your search results will begin to appear as you enter each character.
- While you can search using part of a movie or TV show’s title, if you’re looking for all the titles starring or directed by a certain person, you need to enter their full name.
- From the home screen of the app, use the directional buttons or the analogue stick to highlight any of the buttons and tap .
- The first thing you’ll see is a grid showcasing our bestselling or latest releases depending on which option you selected above.
- You can use the filters at the top to further refine what the app shows you.
Once you’ve found something you’d like to buy, you can purchase it on your Xbox One using a credit or debit card or PayPal. All payments are handled by Microsoft, which is why you can’t use blinkbox credit or vouchers.
After you’ve chosen the movie or TV show you’d like to watch, just follow the on-screen instructions, ensuring that the ‘Total to Pay’ listed is what you expected.
How do I watch movies and TV, and access my watch later list?
You’ll find your movies and TV in the ‘My movies’ and ‘My TV shows’ sections of the app, which you can get to from the home screen after signing in, by tapping the twice. Keep tapping the button to move between the different categories.
- Movies – You’ll find movies you’ve purchased or rented here, ready to watch
- Saved movies – Here you’ll find movies you’ve added to your ‘Watch later’ list
- TV – You’ll find all of your purchased TV shows here, categorised by series
- Saved TV – You’ll find any TV shows you’ve added to your ‘Watch later’ list
If your watch later lists are empty, we won’t show you the Saved movies or Saved TV categories.
The size of the images changes with the number of items you have in each hub and we’ll show your most recent purchases first. If you have seven or more items in any list, you’ll see the more icon at the bottom. Select this to see your full list.