Got a Technika set-top box? With the blinkbox app, you’ll be able to enjoy your favourite movies and TV shows on your TV – and the great news is, it’s pre-installed on all compatible devices. You’ll just need a 2012 model.
How do I get started?
- To use the blinkbox app, you’ll need to be connected to Wi-Fi and have the latest firmware. To check you’ve got the latest firmware, look at our firmware upgrade instructions.
All up to date? Great. Now just:
- Open the app and download any updates if prompted.
- When you open the app, you won’t be logged in, Press the log in button on your remote and follow the on-screen steps. You’ll just need to enter your email address and password, then submit. If you’d like to sign up you’ll need to use a web browser.
- Once you’re signed in, you’ll be taken back to the main page.
How do I find and purchase movies and TV shows?
It’s quick and simple to use the app for this. We’ll show you some of our latest and greatest stuff right on the main page, but you can also browse or search for anything in our library. Just so you know, we won’t show you HD purchase options on your set-top box, because you can only watch with SD on this app. Don’t worry though, if you’d like HD, just buy on your computer and you’ll be able to watch the SD version on your set-top box.
Tap the search button, and a keyboard will appear. Just start typing what you’re looking for (you can search by title). We’ll show you results as you’re typing, and you can press the right button to start browsing through them whenever you’d like.
Once you’ve found something you fancy, just select it and pick a purchase option. You might also be able to watch a trailer. Pick the purchase option you’d like (the one you’ve selected is highlighted in grey) and you’ll be taken to a confirmation screen where you can use a saved card or add a new one, and add a voucher if you’ve got one.
- From the home screen of the app, go to the right hand side and choose either movies or TV.
- First, you’ll see a list of our most popular content, but using the left hand section you can choose to browse by other categories, like new releases.
Once you’ve found something you like, all you have to do is decide how you’d like to pay. You might also be able to watch a trailer. Pick the purchase option you’d like (the one you’ve selected is highlighted in grey) and you’ll be taken to a confirmation screen where you can use a saved card or add a new one, and add a voucher if you’ve got one.
How do I watch movies and TV, and access my watch later list?
You’ll find your movies and TV in the ‘My Video Library’ section of your app, which you can access from the home screen by going to the right hand side and choosing it. Once you’re in, there are four categories:
- Movies – You’ll find movies you’ve purchased or rented here, ready to watch
- TV – You’ll find all of your purchased TV shows here, categorised by series
- Saved movies – Here you’ll find movies you’ve added to your ‘Watch later’ list
- Saved TV – You’ll find any TV shows you’ve added to your ‘Watch later’ list here
Choose the category you want and you’ll be able to quickly access all your content, along with ratings, descriptions and the ability to quickly purchase content on Watch later. Now, all you need to do is grab the popcorn and enjoy!
Where can I get more help with the app?
Use the help button to access our help and support content at any time. You’ll find information about how to do pretty much everything in the application, including features we’ve not mentioned here. Of course, if you still need help, don’t hesitate to get in touch.