This article is about downloading and using the blinkbox Movies app on PS3. If you’re having trouble using the PS3, please see our common issues article instead, or get in touch.
How do I get started?
- Download the blinkbox Movies app by searching for ‘blinkbox’ in the Playstation Store. You’ll need a Playstation Network account to do this.
- Open the app from the TV/Video Services section of your PS3
- Press the button to go to the login screen, tapping the button to move between the screens and enter your email address and password – then press to confirm. If you’ve forgotten your password, simply press the button and follow the on-screen steps.
How do I find and purchase movies and TV shows?
There are a few different ways to discover content on your PS3 and purchase it.
- From the home screen of the app, press the button to open the on-screen keyboard.
- Use the keyboard to enter the movie or TV show you’re looking for, and your search results will be immediately displayed.
- From the home screen of the app, use the directional buttons or the analogue stick to highlight either Movies or TV and tap .
- First, you’ll see a list of our most popular content, but using the left hand section you can choose to browse by other categories, like new releases.
Once you’ve found something you’d like to buy, you can purchase it on your PS3 using vouchers, blinkbox credit, a credit or debit card. After you’ve chosen the movie or TV show you’d like to watch, just follow the on-screen instructions, ensuring that the ‘Total to Pay’ listed is what you expected. To apply a voucher code, press the button.
If you’ve got a Movie & TV Card, you’ll need to add this via blinkbox.com before completing your purchase on the PS3.
How do I watch movies and TV, and access my watch later list?
You’ll find your movies and TV in the ‘My Video Library’ section of our PS3 app, which you can access from the home screen using the button and analogue stick. It’s on the right hand side of the screen. Once you’re in, there are four categories:
- Movies – You’ll find movies you’ve purchased or rented here, ready to watch
- TV – You’ll find all of your purchased TV shows here, categorised by series
- Saved movies – Here you’ll find movies you’ve added to your ‘Watch later’ list
- Saved TV – You’ll find any TV shows you’ve added to your ‘Watch later’ list here
Choose the category you want and you’ll be able to quickly access all of your content, along with ratings, descriptions and the ability to quickly purchase content on Watch later. Now, all you need to do is grab the popcorn and enjoy!